26/02/2014

Ladies Who Lunch | Crepeaffaire Review

Yesterday, me and my Mum and my sister Milly headed across the Pennines to Leeds for a wander around the new Trinity mall, a cheeky bit of window shopping and a spot of lunch. We don't go to Leeds all that much as Sheffield/Meadowhall is a lot closer and more convenient, but after a weekend spent looking after my poorly Grandma and frenzied job hunting, we all thought it would be nice to get out for a few hours and do something a little bit different. Trinity mall itself was a pleasant surprise; with a great mix of shops, cafes and restaurants; beautiful curved glass, stone and aluminium architecture and a prime city center location - although it wasn't exactly as 'indoors' as we expected, which resulted in us going rather under-dressed for the breezy and drizzly weather Tuesday had in store for us!

To warm up and refuel after a couple of hours spent trying on huge hipster cardigans in Urban Outfitters, longingly fondling the gems in Sworovski and coveting matching sets of beautiful underwear in Victoria's Secret, we decided to try out Crepeaffaire in the upper gallery, a waffle, shake and pancake house with additional stores in London, Cambridge, Cardiff, Reading and Germany. This is the first branch to brave the North, and I sincerely hope it marks the beginning of a new trend, because seriously - it's DELICIOUS. Hands down some of the best pancakes I've ever had, with ridiculously generous portions to boot!


I loved the decor of the cafe right away, with the pink, yellow and green colour scheme, walnut tables, funky squishy chairs, bright spotlights and long floor to ceiling windows. The menu was extensive and offered a range of sweet and savoury pancakes, dessert waffles, creamy milkshakes and regular coffee/teas/soda's, as well as a small selection of bakery and patisserie items on the counter. We all decided to get dessert waffles, seen as we were out for a treat, and I for one have NO REGRETS. I chose the Apple Crumble (apple, cinnamon, raisins and butterscotch sauce), Milly went for the I'll Have What She's Having (strawberries, Nutella and cream with extra chocolate sauce) and Mum opted to try the Bananalicious (bananas, cinnamon, Nutella and cream). Milly felt particularly indulgent and also ordered a vanilla pod milkshake, which tasted just like melted Mini-Milk lollies! I had fresh leaf tea and Mum went for a simple black coffee, which she claimed was 'a proper coffee at last' - high praise from someone who practically drinks nothing else!





The crepes came beautifully presented on the plates within a few minutes of ordering and were prepared fresh right in front of our eyes. Mine was a complete and utter taste orgasm, absolutely stuffed full with baked apples and cinnamon and generously covered with lashings of butterscotch sauce. Mum's was similarly stuffed and also wonderfully rich and fruity, whilst Milly's was art on a plate, with strawberries, chocolate chips, chocolate sauce and cream drizzled invitingly over soft folds of pancake dough. We all tried to make them last as long as possible as we didn't want them to end, which wasn't difficult as they were almost bigger than our heads! Value for money and taste wise, these pancakes are an absolute winner and I'd definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a filling and delicious lunch or brunchtime treat. I definitely want to go back for a savoury version, and am already hinting at a trip next week for actual Pancake Day... 

Have you ever visited a Crepeaffaire? Did you enjoy the same level of service and taste as I did? If you haven't been to one, GO NOW, SRSLY. Heaven-on-a-plate.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I need to get my arse there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COME NEXT WEEK WE'LL GO TOGETHER ;D

      Delete
  2. I can't believe there's one of these in Reading and I never knew when I lived there!! Must go back next week during my week off and try this place... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go go go! And let me know what you have, I need ideas for my future trips =P

      Delete
  3. Ooh I'll have to pop in sometime, looks delicious! Lucky I live 10 minutes away on the train :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky! We would definitely make it a weekly thing if we lived nearer. Maybe it's good for our purses that we don't...! ;)

      Delete