05/02/2014

Liebster Blog Tag

Firstly, I think I owe a huge thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday yesterday and sent such lovely tweets and messages, they made me grin like crazy and feel very loved! I had a wonderful day, relaxing by myself with books and paints and The Sopranos until my family got home from work/school, and then whiling the evening away in nearby Sheffield drinking lots of wine, eating lots of food and sharing lots of giggles. There's a birthday round up post on the way, but as it'll take me years a few days to get my photos sorted and edited (taking blurry phone-shots at night whilst singing Frozen songs and trying to eat white chocolate mousse is no mean feat!) I thought I'd complete this Liebster Blog Tag that Char very kindly included me in.



I know these posts are a hit and miss for readers, some people love them and some hate them, but personally I find them fun to do and I love seeing everyone's answers to the questions I pose, bloggers are nosy by nature right?! Take a look at Char's own post here, whilst below, these are the questions she came up with for me:


1. What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day? 
Pull on comfy trousers and a baggy jumper, make endless cups of tea, read crime fiction, paint a little and nibble on various items such as shortbread, raisins, hula hoops... this is practically what I do most days actually, the rain just gives me more of an excuse!

2. Skirts or shorts? 
Skirts, no question. I love pencil skirts and skater skirts and am finding that as I continue getting older, my hemlines are creeping lower and lower... midi skirts are the best!

3. If you found £10 on the pavement, what would you do with it?
I'm assuming that I didn't see the person who dropped it, or anyone looking around frantically... I'd either take it to a cafe and have a lovely cup of tea and a treat, or sidle into Waterstones and 'donate' it to my ever-increasing thriller collection!

4. Favourite colour? 
Toughie! It's a toss up between bright orange and that deep, almost shimmery midnight blue. And together, they're just mindblowing.

5. Best advice someone has ever given you?
That the best goal you could ever set yourself in life is just to be happy. Really, really happy. 

6. Where would you most like to go in the world? 
Right now, I'd love to go DisneyWorld Orlando, specifically the Harry Potter park! I've been to Paris and it was utterly magical, but I'd also like to see the 'real deal'. And wander up and down Hogsmeade, living the dream and hyperventilating with joy.

7. What super-power would you most like to have and why?
It'd be pretty cool to be a metamorphmagus, like Nymphadora Tonks. No more dithering in front of the wardrobe every morning or battling with box-dye!

8. Who is the last person you sent a text to?
Charlie, telling him I was going to pop after all the food and wine I'd just consumed. We're a very romantic couple.

9. How many times per day do you brush your teeth (randomly this was a question on a survey I recently was paid to take part in!)? 
Haha! Absolutely definitely ALWAYS at night, and in the morning if I bother to have breakfast. If I don't eat till middayish I tend to forget/get distracted and just wait till the evening... sorry Char!

10. What is the last blog you followed?
It was the wonderful From The Top Of The Garden, a relatively new lifestyle blog by the lovely Angharad! Think baking, books, music, lists... hop on over and check her out!

11. Do you prefer to read e-books or regular books? Library or shop-bought?
Another toughie! I was always a die-hard 'real book' fan and promised myself I'd never have a Kindle. However, I caved last year due to travelling, and now I LOVE mine! I told myself at first I'd ~only~ use it whilst travelling and on the go, but the days I spend curled around my Kindle on the sofa or in bed or at my desk are ever-increasing. I feel emotionally attached to it, even though that might be because I named it Jean Valjean...! I'm also a big fan of the library, for indulging me when I don't have any spare cash and for providing a space to go where I can test out books I might not necessarily have spent money on. For books I really really love or really want though, I do like to own my own copy. Bonus points if it comes in a limited edition or especially pretty cover!

So, there's a little bit of me! Thanks Char, those were really insightful and fun questions. The rules of the Liebster Tag is that you have to answer your 11 questions, write 11 more and then tag 11 people to answer them on their blog. 

My 11 questions are as follows...

1. What was the last song you listened to?
2. When was the last time you laughed, and why?
3. What did you do for your last birthday?
4. If you could spend an afternoon with any two people, one male and one female, dead or alive, fictional or real, who would they be and what would you do?
5. What's your most visited website, except your blog?
6. What are you currently coveting?
7. Which genre do you most like to read?
8. State three words that describe you best.
9. Do you have a tattoo, and if yes what is it? If no, why not?
10. Sweet or savoury?
11. What's one superstition or conspiracy theory that you believe in, or that you think has some merit?


Because I don't know who loves these and who doesn't, and who already has a tag or two waiting in their drafts, I'm going to say that I nominate anyone to answer my questions - although please leave me a comment telling me you've done so so I can check out your replies! To adhere to the rules though, I'll tag my 11 people, although you're by no means obliged to do it if you see your name below!

In no order and for no particular reason except I love you all, I tag:


I look forward to reading your answers!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for answering, I love the fact you're a fellow library fan. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having fun isn't hard, when you've got a library card!

      (I really hope you used to watch Arthur now or I'll look like the type who makes cheesy rhymes about libraries. Which actually wouldn't be far wrong but...) ;)

      xx

      Delete
  2. I loved reading your answers! Your rainy days sound wonderful!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words cannot express how much I love that you've named your Kindle Jean Valjean. XD I might give these a go, will let you know if I do! xx

    ReplyDelete