11/02/2014

Mischief Managed.

They're here, at last! The long awaited and much delayed photos from when me and Emma went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour a whole SIX MONTHS AGO. I can't quite believe it's that long, and I'm definitely getting ready for a repeat trip. It was beyond magical, beyond expectation, beyond anything I'd imagined and utterly, beautifully and marvelously REAL. I quite simply can't put into words how wonderful it felt to be there, to be surrounded by props and sets and costumes and have the whole Potter world come alive - I lost count of the amount of times we squealed, pointed, cried and stared in wonder! The Harry Potter books mean more to me than I could ever get across on paper (or online, heh) and if I could move into the Leavesden Studios for good, I would. It took all of my strength not to climb over the rope that separated us from the Weasley's kitchen and start making a brew, accompanied by some 'Cheeri-Owls', and I wanted to sit by the fire in the Gryffindor common room for the rest of my days. 

I know a lot of you guys have been as well, and so what I'm saying in this post is probably second nature to you and nothing new, but I love hearing other people's thoughts and feelings on their experiences and seeing their pictures. If you're not a Potterhead feel free to skip the 'read more, although you could have a sneaky peek and see if it tempts you into going or reading the series or watching the films... I personally couldn't imagine my life without Harry Potter, and I know it'll continue to be one of my greatest loves and interests for all of ever.




























Believe it or not this is only about an eighth of the photos I took, and Emma took equally as many if not more! I tried my hardest to include only my favourites as I don't think everyone's browser is ready for a 400 photo blogpost, but even so I think this is my sixth draft... 

Also, me and Emma are absolutely going to go again and really fancy the springtime 'meet the animals' feature there, so be warned - another post most definitely IS incoming, and it'll feature a million and one photos of Hedwig!

Did you love the tour as much as us? Which were your favourite bits? 

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Come with us next time! You NEED to go, it's just perfect.

      Delete
  3. Ahh this looks like so much fun, I really want to go!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do a blogger trip there! ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm going at the end of this month and I. can. not. wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhh, have a BRILLIANT time! Take lots of money and millions of photos! :D xx

      Delete
  5. I'd love to go to this!! I was sad I couldn't fit in going while it was Christmassy but meet the animals sounds awesome too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Christmas theme looked amazing, some of my friends went and oh gosh the Great Hall! The trees! The snow! But it's all stunning anyway, so I'm not too jealous ;)

      I hope you get to go! xx

      Delete
  6. I found you through instagram and then had a look over at your blog - it's lovely! It definitely helps that I'm a huge HP fan, too! I really want to see the studio tour - and your words and photographs have totally intensified that longing! The books are a huge part of me and it would be incredible to see behind the scenes of the film :)

    Loved this post, and can't wait to read more!
    Much love, Jess x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jess, this is a lovely comment! Heh, I'm blushing... so glad you like my little blog, I've been a lurker of Gingerly Pale for a while and so am honoured to have such a cool blogger/fellow HP fan compliment my posts! ;)

      You definitely need to go to the studio tour, it's beyond expectation and seriously amazing. I can't wait to book my trip #2! xx

      Delete
  7. I'd love to visit Harry Potter World! I kept dropping hints to the other half before my birthday last December but no tickets materialised - it's not that he didn't want to take me, it's just that he's male and therefore unable to plan or organise anything in advance! :-)
    Think if I want to go there this year, I'll have to book it all myself :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, at least your OH is willing to go - Charlie wouldn't even entertain the idea sadly, he is not a Harry Potter fan! It's his one and only weak point ;)

      You definitely need to get yourself there, it's really easy to book and sort out and it's worth every single penny. Let me know if and when you've been, and what you thought of it! xx

      Delete