09/02/2014

Twenty Three.

As it's the last official day of my Birthday Week (you all have birthday weeks, right? I mean, who only wants dessert and special treats on ONE day?!) I figured I'd post a few snapshots of how I celebrated, both on Tuesday and yesterday! Tuesday was a 'family day' and a rather quiet event, filled with food and wine and beautiful gifts, and yesterday was a 'friend day', filled with...actually, that was food and wine and gift orientated too! With added spy movies in the form of Jack Ryan (which is actually surprisingly really good). 

I haven't had chance to see Charlie yet due to work/distance/money issues, but I'm not too sad as later this week we're going to Barcelona for three days! SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED. Also it's not been possible to see my old house/uni mates this year again as we're still scattered all over the world, but they sent me what was possibly the most amazing card I've ever received and so I guess I forgive all of them... 

My pictures are quite sparse, as I was too wrapped up in enjoying my time with family and Emma to whip my phone out - and I don't really like 'haul' style posts, I always think that no-one else would really care what gifts I got, as they were intended/personalised for me and so probably aren't very interesting or exciting to others! I couldn't resist showing off my new ring though, which was a gorgeous and totally unexpected surprise from my mum... she's a star! Most of the photos I actually did take involve food in some shape or form. Which is something I'm totally fine with.










Seriously, I have had to roll everywhere this week after ingesting enough to feed a small army, but every single bite has been worth it. I didn't even have a cake, and at this stage, I'm pretty glad about that - I'm not sure it would have fitted in! 

How do you guys celebrate 'adult' birthdays? I do kind of miss the over-the-top frenzy that kids seem to work themselves up into, but at the same time I do very much enjoy the laid-back, eat-all-you-can and drink-ALL-the-wine mentality that seems to surround my twenties birthdays!

4 comments:

  1. I think masses of tasty food and drink are definitely essential to birthdays! I still get massively excited about my birthday, but only at my boyfriend as I can be happily childish with him. :P I enjoy seeing what other people get given for birthdays though, but I may just be very nosy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, this is so true for me too, I'll be incredibly giddy again when I see Charlie next week!
      Food and drink is DEFINITELY the best bit about celebrations, birthdays, Christmas, Easter included!

      Delete
  2. that pizza looks SO good and so do you! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #pizzaheaven indeed. Thank you, wonderful Laura! You're not so bad yourself you know ;) xx

      Delete